Friday, June 10, 2011

Devyn is still in his hitting phase. I really hope this will stop soon. He is being so difficult. Chris and I just went to this parenting class about behaviors in kids with autism at For Oc Kids the other day. It was pretty beneficial. Unfortunately, the class is only 2 sessions and only an hour and a half each. It was REALLY nice being able to be around people who understand what I'm feeling. It also was kind of weird too though because there were much older parents. I think we were the youngest ones there even though I feel really really old. They gave us hand outs and charts to chart his behaviors he has day to day. Next class we are supposed to go over them I think.

I finally got a hold of his teacher but she still didn't answer all my questions. I'm getting kind of annoyed with her. She rarely gives me updates. She is not good at responding to emails and even when she does she doesn't answer all my questions. When I call I end up leaving messages. UGH. But she did say that he does good with a calendar type thing with pictures and activities. So, I think I'm going to make him a calendar of things he does on a daily basis. Maybe it will help with his obsessive behaviors lately. He has been really obsessed with school and everything school related. I'm glad he loves school but when he has to have his backpack on and his lunch bag in his backpack WITH all his food in there all the time then there is a problem here!

I don't know how he will react on his school break..he will be on break from the June 15th till July 25th I believe. I might just go insane. I love him...but I have been having a lot of breakdowns lately with his behavior and just everything going on in general. I really wish I had more support with this. Or just more support in general. It is really sad how people are there for others now a days. Really makes me fear for the world my children will grow up in. I know the world wont be kind to Devyn as he grows older and I constantly worry about that..

Anyway, next weekend should be interesting. Devyn has his playgroup and then right after we are going to a birthday party. I'm always hesitant about going to those type of events now because of his meltdowns. I really hope he will be okay while we are there. Please cross your fingers for no hitting attacks!

No comments: