Monday, April 2, 2012



Today is World Autism Awareness day! and not to mention Autism Awareness Month!
1 in 88 children are diagnosed with autism. Please educate yourself! Autism is not a tragedy, ignorance is! There is a lot involving autism that people should be aware of: symptoms, early intervention & services, all the help and support that is out there for families and of course acceptance. I love my little D! He has autism but it definitely does not define him! Even though people are constantly judging him, he LOVES everybody. He deserves the same respect as everybody else. ♥♥



Dear Devyn,

I love you with my whole heart. I am so proud to say that you are my son. You are so very smart, funny, kind, loveable, silly and the list goes on! Not to mention you are tough as nails! You have been through so much in your 4 years. But, you got through it and you keep amazing us every single day with all your accomplishments and new things you learn. I love that you love EVERYBODY. I love that you have such a kind loving soul. You are so happy all the time and that is what truly makes me happy...to see your sweet little smile and to know that you are MY son and I created such a sweet and loving human being. Just because you have autism doesn't mean you are limited in any way..I truly believe you can do anything you want to do. You have progressed so much in such a short time and it is truly wonderful to watch and be apart of. This journey hasn't been easy but we have come so far and I know good things are in store for you my precious little boy! Mommy loves you. <3

Love,
Mommy

No comments: