Saturday, January 14, 2012

So thankful..

WARNING: Kind of an emotional post. Sorry if it upsets anyone..just felt like I had to share our day.

Today was a hard day. Every year we go visit my grandparents and aunt at the cemetery on Christmas Eve or Christmas. We weren't able to go this past holiday but were able to go today. I just cant believe my grandparents have been gone for almost 10 years and my aunt passed away over 20 years ago..I really wish I was able to actually know her and have more memories of her. I bought them new flowers for their wall. Pretty bouquet of flowers I put together..




<3<3<3

I miss them so much. I don't have a lot of memories of my aunt because I was only 6 when she died. But, I of course remember my grandparents. My grandma was the sweetest lady you could ever meet...a truly wonderful soul. I used to always say that she was the only person who truly cared about me. I knew she would always love me no matter what I did... <3 My grandpa passed away suddenly less than 6 months after my grandma passed. 2003 was a very hard year. Probably the worst year ever.

Then we went to visit my other grandma at a different cemetery.


She just passed away this past April. I miss her a lot.

My grandma had 10 children. Tragically her first child died..She lived for a day and they had no idea how she died. I visited her too. <3



My grandma was so strong. She cared for 9 children all by herself. She had a hard life but in the end she was loved and appreciated by so many...I will miss her a lot.

Lots of emotions for one day. I just knew I had to go and visit them all today though and I'm glad I did. Life really is precious.

Devyn kept saying Hi grandma, I love you and I want to see grandma at home. That broke my heart because he of course doesn't understand. But, just hearing him say grandma is wonderful. I've just been hearing a lot of tragic stories lately about people losing their loved ones to unfortunate circumstances. Makes me heart ache for them and their families. Life can be so cruel because things happen that we cant control and we lose the ones we love. I am just feeling so thankful for my healthy children. Life is hard and we have gone through some difficult things recently..but when bad things happen it just makes you so thankful for what you do have. My sweet little nuggets...






No comments: